Vision Zero Sonoma County
The Sonoma County Transportation Authority (SCTA) and Sonoma County Department of Health Services (DHS) are collaborating on the Vision Zero Sonoma County project to create a healthier, more sustainable community for all residents in Sonoma County.
Vision Zero is a project that will focus on action-oriented strategies to reduce serious injuries and fatalities caused by traffic collisions, and improving health, quality of life and economic vitality, particularly for low-income and disadvantaged communities.
The project is built upon three foundational principles:
- 1. The development of systems that will drive data informed planning
- 2. Collective/coordinated Vision Zero planning across municipalities
- 3. Community engagement driven planning and engagement
Your input is needed! Please take this short survey about your traffic safety experiences and concerns. Anyone who lives in Sonoma County can take the survey. Responses will be used to create a Vision Zero Action Plan to eliminate traffic injuries and deaths.
¡Necesitamos tu opinión! Responde a esta breve encuesta sobre tus experiencias e inquietudes de seguridad vial. Cualquiera que viva en el condado de Sonoma puede completar la encuesta. Las respuestas se utilizarán para crear un plan de acción Vision Zero para eliminar las muertes por causa de choques de tránsito.
- Links to relevant resources
- How best to organize this?
- Vision Zero Network
- VZ efforts in other places that we want to use as models or are similar to our context?
- San Francisco
- Links to online maps of interest
- SCTA Bike/Ped map
- CHP Lakeville Hwy safety corridor map
- Link to TIMS? Or include snapshot of data in TIMS for Sonoma County?
- For now just include a few data pieces – Brittany can show examples from other web site (e.g. % of crashes that involve pedestrians)
- “We’re working on comprehensive data dashboard – coming soon”
- See examples from Toole Design proposal
- List of upcoming meetings
- Can we use SCTA meeting mgmt structure to post details of each meeting?
- List of upcoming events of interest
A place to highlight current news of interest, e.g. recently published report, new legislation passed, etc.