Vision Zero Sonoma County
The Sonoma County Transportation Authority (SCTA) and Sonoma County Department of Health Services (DHS) are collaborating on the Vision Zero Sonoma County project to create a healthier, more sustainable community for all residents in Sonoma County.
Vision Zero is a project that will focus on action-oriented strategies to reduce serious injuries and fatalities caused by traffic collisions, and improving health, quality of life and economic vitality, particularly for low-income and disadvantaged communities.
The project is built upon three foundational principles:
- 1. The development of systems that will drive data informed planning
- 2. Collective/coordinated Vision Zero planning across municipalities
- 3. Community engagement driven planning and engagement
- Links to relevant resources
- How best to organize this?
- Vision Zero Network
- VZ efforts in other places that we want to use as models or are similar to our context?
- San Francisco
- Links to online maps of interest
- SCTA Bike/Ped map
- CHP Lakeville Hwy safety corridor map
- Link to TIMS? Or include snapshot of data in TIMS for Sonoma County?
- For now just include a few data pieces – Brittany can show examples from other web site (e.g. % of crashes that involve pedestrians)
- “We’re working on comprehensive data dashboard – coming soon”
- See examples from Toole Design proposal
- List of upcoming meetings
- Can we use SCTA meeting mgmt structure to post details of each meeting?
- List of upcoming events of interest
- Vision Zero Advisory Committee
- Data Subcommittee
A place to highlight current news of interest, e.g. recently published report, new legislation passed, etc.